Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Weight Loss Journey: Goals

Justify Full
just me being silly

“Courage doesn’t always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
‘I will try again tomorrow’.”
~Mary Anne Radmacher

In looking for quotes about weight loss, I found the above quote. I have heard this quote a few times this year, and I think it rings true. More importantly, you may remember at the beginning of the year, I chose the word Courage for my Word of the Year (WOTY).

When it comes to weight loss goals, I have always kind of generalized my goals. "I want to lose weight". I think this came from fear of disappointment.

As a sufferer of chronic pain, I have often quit any attempts to exercise and get into shape. This year, I have my WOTY urging me along. An even though my body aches, I haven't quit.

I met my first major weight loss goal in April, in part due to my courage to keep trying. This may be a lesson I've learned too late, unfortunately, but its one I plan to continue.

Don't let your fears prevent you from taking that first step. And the many that will follow.


2 comments:

Jenners said...

Love the photo of you!! Good to see a smile on your face and some goofiness! I think that is a wonderful quote and that, for most people, is really the definition of courage ...making the decision every day to keep on keeping on. Keep up the good work!

Joc(e) said...

You are an inspiration, Ter, truly you are. Thank you for sharing this with us...and I just love that picture!! You so sassy! :-D (((HUGS)))